[av_textblock size=’14’ font_color=” color=”]
ADOPTED ON 05-31-14 – Maggie was matched with an applicant before we were able to post her. She is super gentle, great with kids and other dogs, house broken, leash and command trained. We are grateful that she has found a wonderful home.
We have access to lots of dogs that are not posted on our website or are in various stages of the rescue assessment or medical treatment process. All our applications are reviewed and if we have another dog and feel that the applicant is a better match, then we contact the applicant and work with them. If you are serious about adopting a dog, we could work with you the same way.
Dogs in shelters come in many sizes, ages, and breeds. Giving a second chance to a homeless dog can be a fulfilling experience and results in a lifelong companion for the whole family. If you have ever adopted a dog, then you know what a beautiful thing dog adoption can be. There are millions of pets in shelters and rescues waiting for forever homes. By adopting a dog, you can help homeless pets and set a great example for others. If you are thinking of adopting a dog, follow your heart and please consider adopting a rescue dog.
WHAT THE ADOPTION FEE PAYS FOR
|Worm Puppies Every 2 Weeks Till 12 Weeks||Worm Every Month Till Six Months||Pregnant & nursing momma’s wormed more||After That Dogs should be wormed every three months|
|1ST DHPP||Giardia Snap Test||BloodTests||Office Visit Fee – at least five Visits|
|2ND DHPP||Heart Worm Snap Test||Antibiotics||Health Certificate|
|3RD DHPP||Parvo Snap Test||Ear & Eye Medication||Skin Scraping|
|Bordetalla||Fecal Test||Flea & Tick Medication||Transport|
|Rabies||Ear Test||X-Rays||Spay / Neuter|
|Kennel Cough Booster||Eye Test||Dewormer||Collars|
|Leptospirosis||Corona Booster||HW Pills||Head Cones|
[av_heading tag=’h2′ padding=’10’ heading=’CHILDREN & DOGS’ color=’custom-color-heading’ style=’blockquote modern-quote modern-centered’ custom_font=’#ffffff’ size=” subheading_active=” subheading_size=’15’ custom_class=”]
- Always teach children how to approach and touch dogs
- Always supervise any interactions between dogs and young children to prevent any biting or ear or tail pulling on the part of either party.
- Teach your child never to approach any dog while he’s eating or sleeping or to try to take the dog’s food away. No dog, no matter how friendly, should ever be left unsupervised with a child.
- Children need to be taught how to how to approach and touch dogs, and always supervise any interactions between dogs and young children.
- No dog should ever be left unsupervised with a child because often-young children don’t understand that a cute little dog, or any dog, might not want “love and kisses.”
- Never let young children pick up a puppy or small dog. Instead, make them sit on the floor with the dog in their lap. Pay attention to the dog’s body language, and put him safely in his crate if he appears to be unhappy or uncomfortable with the child’s attention.
- Always teach children how to approach and touch dogs, and always supervise any interactions between dogs.
- Teach your child never to approach any dog while he’s eating or sleeping or to try to take the dog’s food away. No dog should ever be left unsupervised with a child.
- Be prepared dogs will protect themselves
- Most important, it is your responsibility to make sure that your children and the dog are supervised at all times and safe. You cannot leave it up to the dog, the dog is an animal and will behave like an animal. They rely on us to guide and protect them, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- THIS IS YOUR JOB, NOT THE DOG
DISCLAIMER: THE BREED POSTED ON OUR DOGS’ BIOGRAPHIES ARE OUR BEST GUESS BASED ON SEVERAL YEARS OF DOG RESCUE. ADOPTERS WHO NEED TO KNOW THE EXACT BREED OF A PARTICULAR DOG MUST HAVE THE DOG TESTED AT THEIR OWN EXPENSE.
Application instructions: click the link below to apply for adoption of this dog.
|Life Average||12-15 Years|
|Breed||Lab / Terrier/|
|Fee||All Shots + Transport - 450|
|Personality||Maggie is super gentle, great with kids & dogs|
|Organization||Rescue Dog Village Guardian, Inc.|
|Rescue Dog Village Guardian, Inc.|
Click the expand button in the lower right corner of each video to view full-screen. See Cesar Millan’s tips on dog behavior.
[av_heading tag=’h3′ padding=’10’ heading=’Cesar Millan’s Tips’ color=” style=” custom_font=” size=” subheading_active=” subheading_size=’15’ custom_class=”]
- Introducing Your Dog to a New Home
- Cesar’s House Rules
- How to introduce your dog to new people
Click here to add your own text
Sponsored Dogs – They Need Your Help!
[av_image src=’https://www.rescuedogvillage.com/wp-content/themes/enfold/config-templatebuilder/avia-template-builder/images/placeholder.jpg’ align=’center’ animation=’no-animation’ link=” target=” styling=” caption=” font_size=” appearance=”][/av_image]