Cesar Millan’s Tips
- Introducing Your Dog to a New Home
- Cesar’s House Rules
- How do I stop a dog from jumping?
IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT PACK LEADERS
It is a natural instinct for a dog to have an order in its pack, therefore, the only way your relationship with your dog can be a complete success you must be the pack leader:
- When we humans live with dogs,we become their pack
- The entire pack cooperates under asingle leader
- Lines are clearly defined andrules are set
- Dogs communicateshis displeasure with growling and eventually biting
- Humans MUST be higherup in the order than the dog.
- The humans must be the onesmaking the decisions, not the dogs.
Housetraining – Scheduling is Key
- Feed your dog on a regular schedule time,
- Always feed within a half hour of the time
Control Water Intake
- Keep a schedule for water, however, you should design a schedule that fits you
- Remove the water dish after the first feeding in the morning
- After the night feeding, leave water dish for two hours, then take it up
- Before your last walk for the night, put the water dish down about an hour before
- Then walk your dog 45 minutes after he has had water. There will might be days where that might be an exception for water.
Find The Dogs Schedule – then gently move it to your schedule
- Start by taking the dog out every two hours for two days, if he goes every two hours,
- Then take him out every three hours, for two days,
- Until you reach the time frame you need – every six hours—eight hours etc
One Accident In the House – the dog detects the smell and his instinct to continue mark where he smells urine
- This is how wild dogs let other dogs know that this territory is taken and for dogs not in the pack to go elsewhere.
- If your dog has an accident in the house, spray the area with 3 parts vinegar and 1 part water,
- Brush with a soft brush,
- Put a towel on top to absorb the liquid,
- Then take it outside where you want him to go,
- Take it out of the bag and put it on the ground,
- Praise your dog when he goes outside.